Scientific, Research and Disease Prevention Jobs
at the Minnesota Department of Health
These positions include Research Scientists, Epidemiologists, Bacteriologists, Laboratory Specialists, among others. Salaries in these positions range from $33,000 to $75,000 per year. Employees in these classifications perform functions such as:
- Assessing the capacity of state and local public health systems to respond to terrorism incidents and other threats to public health.
- Providing consultative services to physicians and other health professionals.
- Performing diagnostic analyses in microbiology, virology, molecular biology and other related areas, from human samples and environmental sources.
- Designing and initiating epidemiologic investigations and surveillance systems.
- Analyzing health-related
surveillance data and consulting on methods of disease control and prevention.
Types of positions we typically fill
- Current Job Openings
- Administrative, Education and Communication positions
- Scientific and Research positions (you are on this page)
- Student Worker and Internship Positions
TO APPLY FOR ANY POSITION WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
1. You may click on the button below titled "View MDH Jobs" to get a list of jobs for which we are currently accepting resumes. Because our jobs have specific closing dates and we continue to post new jobs, this list will change. We encourage you to visit this site often.
2. You may express interest in student worker and internship opportunities, by completing the Student Worker Interest Form found here.
3. You may also apply generally (not for a specific job) by using the State of Minnesota's resume-driven method of accepting employment applications. Get started with an overview of the hiring process here.
4. You may contact the State of Minnesota's Job Information Line at 651-259-3637. This number is answered 9:00am to 12:30 pm and 1:30pm 4:00pm, Monday through Friday.