Scientific, Research and Disease Prevention Jobs
at the Minnesota Department of Health
These positions include Research Scientists, Epidemiologists, Bacteriologists, Laboratory Specialists, among others. Salaries in these positions range from $33,000 to $75,000 per year. Employees in these classifications perform functions such as:
- Assessing the capacity of state and local public health systems to respond to terrorism incidents and other threats to public health.
- Providing consultative services to physicians and other health professionals.
- Performing diagnostic analyses in microbiology, virology, molecular biology and other related areas, from human samples and environmental sources.
- Designing and initiating epidemiologic investigations and surveillance systems.
- Analyzing health-related
surveillance data and consulting on methods of disease control and prevention.
Types of positions we typically fill
- Current Job Openings
- Administrative, Education and Communication positions
- Scientific and Research positions (you are on this page)
TO APPLY FOR ANY POSITION WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
View/search all state jobs here
Contact the State of Minnesota's Job Information Line at 651-259-3637. This number is answered 9:00am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday.