Clostridium difficile Guidelines and Resources
- Safe from Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) Toolkit/Roadmap
This two-tiered intervention approach (core and enhanced) includes four topic areas: early recognition of patients with CDI, isolation precautions, environmental cleaning and disinfection, and antimicrobial stewardship.
- SHEA Guidelines and Position Papers
SHEA/IDSA Clinical Practice Guidelines for C. difficile. Attention: Non-MDH link.
- Strategies to prevent Clostridium difficile infections in acute care hospitals
2008 SHEA/IDSA Compendium of infection prevention recommendations for acute care hospitals. Attention: Non-MDH link.
- Clinical Practice Guidelines for Clostridium difficile Infection in Adults: 2010 Update by SHEA/IDSA
2010 SHEA/IDSA recommendations regarding epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment, and infection control and environmental management for C. difficile. Attention: Non-MDH link.
- Clostridium difficile Infections: Publications & Guidelines
CDC C. difficile guidelines. Attention: Non-MDH link.
- General Information about Clostridium difficile Infections
CDC FAQs. Attention: Non-MDH link.
- C. difficile
Mayo Clinic. Attention: Non-MDH link.
- Clostridium Difficile Infections
National Institutes of Health, Medline Plus. Attention: Non-MDH link.
- Guide to the Elimination of Clostridium difficile in Healthcare Settings
APIC Elimination Guide. Attention: Non-MDH link.