Clostridium difficile Guidelines and Resources
- Safe from Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) Toolkit/Roadmap
This two-tiered intervention approach (core and enhanced) includes four topic areas: early recognition of patients with CDI, isolation precautions, environmental cleaning and disinfection, and antimicrobial stewardship.
- SHEA Guidelines and Position Papers
SHEA/IDSA Clinical Practice Guidelines for C. difficile. Attention: Non-MDH link.
- Clostridium difficile Infection in Infants and Children: Policy Statement
For CDI testing and treatment recommendations for infants and children refer to the American Academy of Pediatrics policy statement. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Strategies to prevent Clostridium difficile infections in acute care hospitals
2008 SHEA/IDSA Compendium of infection prevention recommendations for acute care hospitals. Attention: Non-MDH link.
- Clostridium difficile in Long-Term Care Facilities for the Elderly
2002 SHEA guidelines for Clostridium difficile in long-term care facilities
- Clinical Practice Guidelines for Clostridium difficile Infection in Adults: 2010 Update by SHEA/IDSA
2010 SHEA/IDSA recommendations regarding epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment, and infection control and environmental management for C. difficile. Attention: Non-MDH link.
- Clostridium difficile (CDI) - a priority healthcare-associated infection
Collaborative Healthcare-Associated Infection Network (CHAIN), CDI targeted infections and events. Attention: Non-MDH link.
- Clostridium difficile Infections: Publications & Guidelines
CDC C. difficile guidelines. Attention: Non-MDH link.
- General Information about Clostridium difficile Infections
CDC FAQs. Attention: Non-MDH link.
- C. difficile
Mayo Clinic. Attention: Non-MDH link.
- Clostridium difficile Infections
National Institutes of Health, Medline Plus. Attention: Non-MDH link.
- Guide to the Elimination of Clostridium difficile in Healthcare Settings (PDF:2.56MB/100 pages)
APIC Elimination Guide. Large file advisory- file may take some time to download. Attention: Non-MDH link.