Clostridium difficile is a bacterium that causes diarrhea and more serious intestinal conditions such as colitis.
- About Clostridium Difficile
Clostridium difficile facts, including how the disease is spread, common symptoms, treatment, and how to minimize your risk of infection.
- Clostridium Difficile Statistics
C. Difficile Information For Health Professionals:
- C. Difficile Clinical Information
Risk factors, signs and symptoms, transmission, and diagnosis.
- C. Difficile Infection Prevention
Information about infection control, implementation of CDI surveillance, isolation precautions, environmental cleaning and disinfection, , and antimicrobial stewardship.
- C. Difficile Testing and Treatment
Criteria for testing, screening, and specimen submission information.
- Reporting Clostridium Difficile
What to report, how to report, and who is required to report.
- C. Difficile Guidelines and Recources
Guidelines and resources to prevent CDI transmission in health care facilities.
- Changing Epidemiology of C. Difficile
Increased incidence and severity of CDI is resulting in many changes.