Chlamydia Information for Health Care Providers
- Chlamydia Statistics
MDH graphs, tables and text provide a description of the sexually transmitted disease (STD) epidemic in Minnesota. Data from the previous calendar year are posted in April.
- Reporting a Case
Lab-confirmed cases of Chlamydia trachomatis must be reported to MDH within one working day.
- CDC STD Treatment Guidelines
CDC’s latest treatment guidelines for STDs.
- Chlamydia Screening for Women Initiative: Tools to improve chlamydia screening in your practice (Stratis Health)
Tools to increase chlamydia screening rates in your practice. Includes the Chlamydia Screening Provider Toolkit (PDF). Tools to increase chlamydia screening rates in your practice. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota, HealthPartners, Medica, UCare.
- Chlamydia Screening Provider Toolkit (PDF) has been developed by Minnesota Health Plans working on increasing chlamydia screening.
- Dear Colleague Letter on Male Chlamydia Screening - CDC (May 2007) (PDF)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): STD Awareness - Reaching Young People
CDC's clinician resource on youth/STDs
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhea Among Blacks in Minnesota, 2007
Data from the MDH shows disproportionately higher rates of STDs among blacks in MN compared with rates among other race groups.
Partner Services Program
Information about the program that assists HIV or STD infected persons notify their partners about their potential exposure.
Content Notice: This site contains HIV or STD prevention messages that may not be appropriate for all audiences. Since HIV and other STDs are spread primarily through sexual practices or by sharing needles, prevention messages and programs may address these topics. If you are not seeking such information or may be offended by such materials, please exit this web site.