Enterovirus D68 Basics
Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68) can cause mild to severe respiratory illness.
EV-D68 is one of many non-polio enteroviruses, most people who get infected with these viruses do not get sick or they only have mild illness, like the common cold. But some people can have serious complications, especially infants, children, and people with weakened immune systems. EV-D68 likely spreads from person to person when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or touches contaminated surfaces.
- CDC: Enterovirus D68
CDC information on enterovirus D68.
- CDC: Non-Polio Enterovirus
CDC information on enterovirus infections, symptoms, treatment and prevention.
Protect yourself and others from Enterovirus D68:
- Wash your hands often
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
- Clean and disinfect surfaces
- Avoid close contact with sick people
- Stay home when you’re sick