Health Professionals Seasonal Influenza Information
to Influenza Information for Health Professionals
Get an e-mail alert when there are major additions or updates for health professionals on influenza.
- Specimen Collection and Testing for Seasonal Influenza
Criteria for testing, screening, and specimen submission information.
- Rapid Influenza Diagnostic Testing
Information on the current use of influenza rapid testing for the detection of circulating seasonal human influenza.
- Influenza Vaccine
Influenza vaccine administration, storage and handling, electronic documentation, and more.
- Influenza Antiviral Medications: Summary for Clinicians
CDC summary of influenza antiviral medications and their use for clinicians. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Infection Control Guidance
Resources providing infection control information and guidance for health professionals.
- Reporting Influenza
What to report, how to report, who is required to report, and how to submit clinical specimens.
- Influenza Sentinel Surveillance Program
An influenza sentinel provider conducts surveillance for influenza-like illness (ILI) in collaboration with the state health department and the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- More information for health professionals regarding specimen collection, submission, and treatment for influenza.
Information for Health Professionals on Novel Influenza A Virus (H7N9) | Information For Health Professionals on Influenza A Variant Viruses H3N2v and H1N2v