Influenza Sentinel Surveillance Program
Thank you for agreeing to be part of the Sentinel Influenza Surveillance Network. Please continue to report influenza weekly and send up to two specimens per week this season. Thank you for helping with this important work.
Each week, please report the number of patients with clinical suspicion of influenza, along with the total number of patients seen.
- Tally the number of patients with clinical suspicion of influenza and total patients in four age groups:
- 0-4 years
- 5-24 years
- 25-49 years
- 50-64 years
- >64 years
- Please submit your data on the secure CDC website.
Please send up to two specimens per week from patients presenting to your facility with clinical suspicion of influenza.
MDH will send out laboratory supplies in October 2011. Please call Karen Martin at 651-201-5414 or 1-877-676-5414 when you need more supplies.
- Helping MDH track how much influenza disease is circulating, and what types.
- Free attendance to the annual MDH Emerging Infections in Clinical Practice Conference
- The opportunity to fulfill the residency research requirement for family practice residents
- Influenza Sentinel Surveillance Program Sites
Listing of sites participating in the influenza sentinel surveillance program.