Influenza Vaccine Administration
Vaccine administration guidance for clinicians and health care providers.
- Vaccine Protocols
Information and templates for writing a vaccine administration order, called protocols.
- 2012-13 Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Dosage Chart (PDF:23KB/1 page)
Table of influenza vaccines available for 2012-13 including trade name, manufacturer, dosage by age, number of doses, and vaccination route-site.
- Influenza Vaccine Dosing Algorithm for Children 6 Months through 8 Years of Age, 2012-13 (PDF:71KB/1 page)
Flow chart to help decide how many doses of flu vaccine children should receive during the 2012-13 flu season.
- Algorithm for Evaluation of an Egg Allergy Preceding Influenza Vaccination (PDF:51KB/1 page)
Flow chart to help decide if a person with history of egg allergy can receive flu vaccine.
- Injectable and Intranasal Influenza Vaccines: Indications and Contraindications
Who can receive injectable or intranasal flu vaccine.
- How to Administer
IM (Intramuscular) Injections (PDF:76KB/2 pages)
An illustrated guide to administering IM injections.
- Vaccine Information
Statements (VISs) and Package Inserts
Links to influenza VISs, package inserts, and vaccine information websites.
Checklist for FluMist
If you are healthy and between the ages of 2 and 49, the FluMist nasal vaccine may be right for you.
- Administration Guidelines for FluMist
Instructions and video about administering FluMist. Attention: Non-MDH link