Long-Term Care: Influenza
Subscribe to Long-term Care Influenza Information
Get an email when new long-term care influenza information is posted.
Preventing and Responding to Influenza in Minnesota Long-Term Care Facilities
Jan. 12, 2018
Karen Martin, MPH; Mary Ellen Bennett, MPH, RN, CIC; Jennifer Heath, DNP, MPH, RN
- Interim Guidance for Influenza Outbreak Management in Long-Term Care Facilities (PDF)
Tip sheet for LTC facilities on managing an influenza outbreak. Full guidance from CDC can be found on Interim Guidance for Influenza Outbreak Management in Long-Term Care Facilities.
- Long-Term Care Facility Influenza and RSV Report Form, 2018-19 (PDF)
Form to report influenza and RSV outbreaks to MDH.
(Save the PDF to your computer before typing in the form fields.)
- Influenza-like Illness (ILI) Line List for Long-Term Care Facilities (PDF)
Two-page form to help you collect data on each resident with ILI. This form does not need to be submitted to MDH.
- Long-term Care Facility Visitor Management Guidelines while Influenza is Circulating in the Community
Guidelines for all visitors as well as those visiting ill residents.
- Influenza Vaccine Information for Health Professionals
Get the latest information on the flu vaccine.
- Influenza-like Illness in Elderly Persons
Elderly persons may not present the same symptoms when they have influenza-like illness.