Long-Term Care: Influenza
Subscribe to Long-term Care Influenza Information
Get an e-mail when new long-term care influenza information is posted.
- Interim Guidance for Influenza Outbreak Management in Long-Term Care Facilities
Guidance from CDC for managing influenza outbreaks. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Long-Term Care Facility Influenza Report Form for 2013-14 (Word: 43KB/1 page)
Form to report influenza outbreaks to MDH.
- Influenza-like Illness (ILI) Line List for Long-Term Care Facilities (PDF: 49KB/2 pages)
Two-page form to help you collect data on each resident with ILI. This form does not need to be submitted to MDH.
- Long-term Care Facility Visitor Management Guidelines while Influenza is Circulating in the Community
Guidelines for all visitors as well as those visiting ill residents.
- Influenza Vaccine Information for Health Professionals
Get the latest information on the flu vaccine.
- LTC Providers: Join the Health Alert Network
Find out how to make sure your long-term care agency is receiving MDH health alerts.
- Minnesota Long Term Care Preparedness Toolkit (PDF: 1.34MB/85 pages)
General emergency preparedness planning for long-term care facilities, created by an inter-agency group.
- Influenza-like Illness in Elderly Persons
Elderly persons may not present the same symptoms when they have influenza-like illness.