Player Handbook: Pandemic Influenza Tabletop Exercise
The handbook provides information for the players, which enables them to participate more effectively. It is in addition to the information given in the player briefing at the exercise and encourages questions about roles and responsibilities. It also provides the structure or rules for the exercise.
|Note: the original training included a realistic video clip for each scenario. Copies of the videos are available at each County/City Health Department or by completing the IDEPC Comment Form.|
- Player Handbook Overview (Word: 82KB/6 pages) (PDF: 48KB/6 pages)
Goals, objectives, assumptions, roles and acknowledgements.
Script 1: Pending closure of schools
- Player Handbook Script #1 (Word: 78KB/4 pages) (PDF: 61KB/8 pages)
This scenario covers the possible closure of schools, 3 weeks in the future.
Script 2: Schools are closing
- Player Handbook Script #2 (Word: 55KB/ 4 pages) (PDF: 64KB/8 pages)
Schools are just closing now in this second scenario.
Script 3: Schools are now reopening
- Player Handbook Script #3 (Word: 64KB/3 pages) (PDF: 52KB/6 pages)
The third scenario involves opening schools after a six week closure.
- Player Participant Evaluation Form (Word: 43KB/2 pages) (PDF: 20KB/2 pages)
Evaluation for the players.
- Hotwash Notes (Word: 62KB/4 pages) (PDF: 40KB/8 pages)
Blank pages for note taking.
Handbook printing tools
Use these files to create tabs to separate the sections of your manual.
- Tabs (Word: 20KB/1 page)
- Tab 1 (PDF: 10KB/1 page)
- Tab 2 (PDF: 11KB/1 page)
- Tab 3 (PDF: 10KB/1 page)
- Tab 4 (PDF: 10KB/1 page)
- Tab 5 (PDF: 10KB/1 page)
- Tab 6 (PDF: 11KB/1 page)
- Tab 7 (PDF: 11KB/1 page)