School Health Personnel Influenza Information
Influenza can spark outbreaks in schools increasing both absence rates and parental concern.
Subscribe to School Immunization and Vaccine-Preventable Disease Information
Get an email alert when there are major additions or updates for school health personnel on vaccine-preventable diseases and immunizations.
Recommendations for Schools
- Influenza-like Illness Report Form - Minnesota Schools 2018-19 (PDF)
When, what, and how to report influenza-like illness in schools. Fax this information to 651-201-4820. If this fax is busy, try 651-215-9033.
- Surveillance Protocol and Frequently Asked Questions
More information on what school health personnel are being asked to report and why, including frequently asked questions about reporting ILI.
- Influenza (Flu) in Schools
Fact sheet for school health personnel on handling flu outbreaks and preventing the spread in school settings.
- CDC: School-Located Vaccination Planning Materials and Templates
CDC template consent forms for providing influenza vaccine in schools, as well as other related materials.
- Influenza Symptom Screening Tool for Parents and Caregivers (PDF)
Parents and caregivers should use this questionnaire to assess the health status of their child or children on a daily basis.
- Cover Your Cough for Schools, Child care, and the Community
Posters, brochures, and other materials that you can use to help teach people to cover their cough.
- School Health: A Foundation for Learning
General information to promote healthy children and healthy learning environments in schools.