School Health Personnel Influenza Information
Influenza can spark outbreaks in schools increasing both absence rates and parental concern.
Subscribe to School Immunization and Vaccine-Preventable Disease Information
Get an e-mail alert when there are major additions or updates for school health personnel on vaccine-preventable diseases and immunizations.
- Influenza-like Illness Report Form - Minnesota Schools 2012-13 (PDF:22KB/1 page)
When, what, and how to report influenza-like illness in schools.
- Surveillance Protocol and Frequently Asked Questions
More information on what school health personnel are being asked to report and why, including frequently asked questions about reporting ILI.
- Influenza in Schools
Fact sheet for school health personnel on handling flu outbreaks and preventings the spread in school settings.
Checklist for FluMist
If you are healthy and between the ages of 5 and 49, the FluMist nasal vaccine may be right for you.
- School-Located Vaccination Planning Materials and Templates
CDC template consent forms for providing influenza vaccine in schools, as well as other related materials. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Flu Symptom Screening Tool for Parents and Caregivers
Parents and caregivers should use this questionnaire to assess the health status of their child or children on a daily basis. This tool is currently available in four languages (English, Hmong, Somali, and Spanish).
- Cover Your Cough for Schools, Childcare, and the Community
Posters, brochures, and other materials that you can use to help teach people to cover their cough.
- School Health: A Foundation for Learning
General information to promote healthy children and healthy learning environments in schools.