School Health Personnel Influenza Information
Influenza can spark outbreaks in schools increasing both absence rates and parental concern.
Subscribe to School Immunization and Vaccine-Preventable Disease Information
Get an e-mail alert when there are major additions or updates for school health personnel on vaccine-preventable diseases and immunizations.
- Influenza-like Illness Report Form - Minnesota Schools 2013-14 (PDF: 22KB/1 page)
When, what, and how to report influenza-like illness in schools.
- Surveillance Protocol and Frequently Asked Questions
More information on what school health personnel are being asked to report and why, including frequently asked questions about reporting ILI.
- Influenza in Schools
Fact sheet for school health personnel on handling flu outbreaks and preventings the spread in school settings.
- School-Located Vaccination Planning Materials and Templates
CDC template consent forms for providing influenza vaccine in schools, as well as other related materials. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Flu Symptom Screening Tool for Parents and Caregivers (PDF: 25KB/1 page)
Parents and caregivers should use this questionnaire to assess the health status of their child or children on a daily basis.
- Cover Your Cough for Schools, Childcare, and the Community
Posters, brochures, and other materials that you can use to help teach people to cover their cough.
- School Health: A Foundation for Learning
General information to promote healthy children and healthy learning environments in schools.