Influenza Vaccine Administration
Vaccine administration guidance for clinicians and health care providers.
- Vaccine Protocols
Information and templates for writing a vaccine administration order, called protocols.
- Influenza Vaccine 2017-18 (PDF)
Generic screening form for clinics/sites to use before giving influenza vaccine. May not be appropriate for all providers.
- IAC Handouts: Screening Questionnaires
Screening handouts from the Immunization Action Coalition including influenza screening checklists.
Vaccine dosing and clinical tools
- 2017-18 Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Dosage Chart (PDF)
Table of influenza vaccines available for 2017-18 including trade name, manufacturer, number of doses, dose-presentation, and vaccination route-site.
- Pediatric Influenza Vaccine Note: FluLaval (PDF)
- Pediatric Influenza Vaccine Note: Fluzone (PDF)
Posters to hang in your vaccine room to remind providers about the correct dosage for the two types of pediatric influenza vaccine.
- Influenza vaccine dosing algorithm for children 6 months through 8 years old, 2017-18 influenza season (PDF)
- How to Administer
IM (Intramuscular) Injections (PDF)
An illustrated guide to administering IM injections.
Vaccine Information Statements (VISs)
- IAC: Vaccine Information Statements -
Influenza (IIV) VIS
Vaccine Information Statement (VIS) on the seasonal flu shot in English and other languages.