Influenza Vaccine Administration
Vaccine administration guidance for clinicians and health care providers.
- Vaccine Protocols
Information and templates for writing a vaccine administration order, called protocols.
- Influenza Vaccine 2015-16 (for inactivated influenza vaccine - IIV) (PDF)
Online screening form that clinics/sites can use to screen for use of inactivated influenza vaccine (IIV)
- Influenza Vaccine 2015-16 (for live attenuated influenza vaccine - LAIV) (PDF)
Online screening form that clinics/sites can use to screen for use of live attenuated influenza vaccine (LAIV)
Vaccine dosing and clinical tools
- 2015-16 Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Dosage Chart (PDF)
Table of influenza vaccines available for 2015-16 including trade name, manufacturer, number of doses, dose-presentation, and vaccination route-site.
- Influenza vaccine dosing algorithm for children 6 months through 8 years old, 2015-16 Influenza Vaccination Season (PDF)
- How to Administer
IM (Intramuscular) Injections (PDF)
An illustrated guide to administering IM injections.
- Administration of FluMist Quadrivalent
Instructions for administering FluMist. Attention: Non-MDH link
Vaccine Information Statements (VISs)
Influenza Vaccine: What You Need to Know
Vaccine Information Statement (VIS) on the seasonal flu shot in English and other languages. Attention: Non-MDH link
Intranasal Influenza Vaccine: What You Need to Know
Vaccine Information Statement (VIS) on the seasonal flu nasal spray in English and other languages. Attention: Non-MDH link