Participate in FluSafe
Minnesota hospitals and long-term care facilities are eligible to participate in FluSafe. FluSafe has aligned its reporting with the "employee" category of the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN)/Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) health care personnel flu vaccination reporting module:
- A participating facility should report flu vaccination data on all health care personnel who:
- receive a direct paycheck from the reporting facility (i.e., are on the facility's payroll), regardless of clinical responsibility or patient contact, and
- are physically present in the facility for at least one working day from October 1 through March 31.
FluSafe 2015-16 Timeline
|FluSafe Activity||Due By Date|
|Facilities register for 2015-16 season||December 1, 2015|
|Facilities upload preliminary spreadsheet of healthcare personnel employees||December 31, 2015|
|2015-16 FluSafe season data collection ends||March 31, 2016|
|Facilities run FluSafe reports to check their data||April 15, 2016|
|Facilities upload final, complete FluSafe spreadsheets||April 15, 2016|
|MDH sends program evaluation and rate confirmation survey||May 15, 2016|
|Facilities confirm rates through survey sent by MDH||July 15, 2016|
|MDH publically recognizes facilities that confirmed rates||August 20, 2016|
|MDH opens registration for FluSafe 2016-17||September 1, 2016|
Instructions for Participating
- Getting and Filling Out the Spreadsheet (PDF)
You will use an Excel spreadsheet to store and submit your health care personnel employee flu vaccination data. Keep this spreadsheet on your computer. As you receive data throughout the flu season, you will add to your spreadsheet.
- Uploading the Spreadsheet (PDF)
You will upload your spreadsheet into the Minnesota Immunization Information Connection (MIIC) to submit your list of employees and vaccination data. You may upload your spreadsheet as many times as you would like until the final deadline shown in the timeline above.
- Running FluSafe Reports (PDF)
You can run FluSafe reports in MIIC to check your FluSafe data and calculate your current rate.
Contact the FluSafe Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-201-4629.