Participate in FluSafe
Minnesota hospitals and long-term care facilities are eligible to participate in FluSafe. FluSafe has aligned its reporting with the "employee" category of the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN)/Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) health care personnel flu vaccination reporting module:
- A participating facility should report flu vaccination data on all health care personnel who:
- receive a direct paycheck from the reporting facility (i.e., are on the facility's payroll), regardless of clinical responsibility or patient contact, and
- are physically present in the facility for at least one working day from October 1 through March 31.
Instructions for Using MIIC
- Getting and Filling Out the Spreadsheet (PDF)
You will use an Excel spreadsheet to store and submit your health care provider flu vaccination data to MIIC. Keep this spreadsheet on your computer. As you add employees and data, you will use the spreadsheet again. Using the spreadsheet correctly is easy and it is the first step to participating in FluSafe.
- Uploading the Spreadsheet (PDF)
- Managing Lists in MIIC (PDF)
This guide describes adding individuals to a list manually or to delete individuals from a list. To use this guide you will need to have a list already created in MIIC.
- Running FluSafe Reports (PDF)
This guide describes how to generate FluSafe reports. In order to run a FluSafe report you need to have a list in MIIC.
* If the recording link does not play correctly for you, go to Minnesota Department of Health Recorded Sessions (see link in left hand toolbar) and select the appropriate recording to view or download.