Participate in FluSafe
Participating in FluSafe is a great way to accurately track health care personnel flu vaccinations using the Minnesota Immunization Information Connection (MIIC) and get recognized for achieving high vaccination rates. Minnesota hospitals and nursing homes are eligible to participate in FluSafe.
FluSafe has aligned its reporting with the "employee" category of the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN)/Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) health care personnel flu vaccination reporting module:
- A participating facility should report flu vaccination data on all health care personnel who:
- receive a direct paycheck from the reporting facility (i.e., are on the facility's payroll), regardless of clinical responsibility or patient contact, and
- are physically present in the facility for at least one working day from October 1 through March 31.
After seven years of FluSafe, MDH will be taking the 2017-18 season off to evaluate the program and consider improvements. We plan to return in the 2018-19 season with a more comprehensive and sustainable program to support health care personnel vaccination. If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
Instructions for Participating
- MIIC and FluSafe Webinar
Recorded Jan. 11, 2017 live webinar on how to use MIIC to participate in FluSafe. Webinar sections start at the following times:
- Getting and Filling Out the Spreadsheet - 57 seconds
- Uploading the Spreadsheet - 23 minutes, 47 seconds
- Running FluSafe Reports - 27 minutes, 42 seconds
Streaming training may not work on all browsers or computers. If you have trouble, select "Recorded Sessions" in the left hand toolbar of the WebEx Training Center.
- Getting and Filling Out the Spreadsheet (PDF)
How to get and fill out a FluSafe spreadsheet to document your employee flu vaccination data.
- Uploading the Spreadsheet (PDF)
How to upload your FluSafe spreadsheet into MIIC.
- Running FluSafe Reports (PDF)
How to run FluSafe reports in MIIC to check your FluSafe data and calculate your current rate.
Contact the FluSafe Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-201-4629.