Participate in FluSafe
Instructions for the collection of data for the FluSafe program.
Update: FluSafe includes all paid employees and licensed independent practitioners who are physically present in the healthcare facility for at least one working day from October 1 through March 31. This timeframe is consistent with CMS/NHSN reporting guidelines for IPPS hospitals.
Instructions for Using MIIC
- Getting and Filling Out the Spreadsheet (PDF)
You will use an Excel spreadsheet to store and submit your health care provider flu vaccination data to MIIC. Keep this spreadsheet on your computer. As you add employees and data, you will use the spreadsheet again. Using the spreadsheet correctly is easy and it is the first step to participating in FluSafe.
- Uploading the Spreadsheet (PDF)
- Managing Lists in MIIC (PDF)
This guide describes adding individuals to a list manually or to delete individuals from a list. To use this guide you will need to have a list already created in MIIC.
- Running FluSafe Reports (PDF)
This guide describes how to generate FluSafe reports. In order to run a FluSafe report you need to have a list in MIIC.
* If the recording link does not play correctly for you, go to Minnesota Department of Health Recorded Sessions (see link in left hand toolbar) and select the appropriate recording to view or download.