Hepatitis A Information for Health Professionals
Information on hepatitis A for health professionals, including disease facts, clinical and vaccine information, immunization schedules, reporting, and treatment of cases and contacts.
- Hepatitis A
Quick Reference Guide for Healthcare Professionals
Hepatitis A reference guide adapted from the CDC.
- Viral Hepatitis A
CDC's main page on Hepatitis A. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Hepatitis A Vaccine: What You Need to Know
CDC's Vaccine Information Statement available in English and other languages from the Immunization Action Coalition. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Hepatitis A Vaccine
Information for Patients
Basic fact sheets about hepatitis A vaccine, including materials that you can give to patients.
- Hepatitis A
Basic information on hepatitis A for health professionals, including epidemiology, communicability, post-exposure prophylaxis, and treatment of cases and contacts.
All cases of hepatitis A must be reported to the Minnesota Department of Health. Find out what needs to be reported, who needs to report diseases, which forms to use and where to find out more about the disease.
- Prevention of Hepatitis A After Exposure to Hepatitis A Virus and in International Travelers. Updated Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
MMWR article from October 19, 2007 with the latest ACIP recommendations on hepatitis A post-exposure prophylaxis. Attention: non-MDH link
- IG Screening Guidance for Healthcare Providers (PDF: 29KB/1 page)
Screening questions to ask patients prior to administering IG.
- Immune Globulin Dosages by Weight
Chart for determining immune globulin dosage based on the patient's weight.
- How to obtain immune globulin (IG)
Information on how to obtain IG.
- VAQTA Vaccine (Hepatitis A Vaccine Inactivated)
From Merck: Links to the package insert and information on the storage and handling of VAQTA vaccine. Attention: non-MDH link
- Prevention of Hepatitis A Through Active or Passive Immunization: Recommendations of the ACIP
Technical article from CDC on hepatitis A immunization, MMWR, 10/1/99 vol. 48, (RR 12). Attention: non-MDH link
Schedules for Health Care Providers
Minnesota vaccination schedule for children and adolescents, including catch-up schedules.
- Epidemiology & Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases
"The Pink Book", with individual chapters available in pdf format. Attention: non-MDH link.
- Travelers Health:
Hepatitis, Viral, Type A
CDC's main page on hepatitis A and international travel. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Travel Health
International travel information from MDH, including lists of vaccines recommended for various countries around the world. Hepatitis A vaccine is recommended for travelers to a number of countries.