Perinatal Hepatitis B Basics
The best way to prevent perinatal hepatitis B is for babies to be vaccinated at birth.
- Pregnant? Get tested for hepatitis B (PDF: 139KB/2 pages) Updated 7/08
Spanish (PDF: 167 KB/2 pages)
Hmong (PDF: 184 KB/2 pages)
Somali (PDF: 471KB/2 pages)
Vietnamese (PDF: 183 KB/2 pages)
B and You
A health education program from the CDC, designed for women who test positive for the hepatitis B virus (HBV) during pregnancy. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Perinatal Hepatitis B Prevention Program
The Minnesota Department of Health's Perinatal Hepatitis B Prevention Program works to identify and treat infants born to hepatitis B infected mothers in an effort to prevent perinatally acquired infection.
- Perinatal Hepatitis B Materials - Order Form (PDF: 100KB/2 pages)
Form for ordering free materials on perinatal hepatitis B for patients and providers.
- Hep B Moms
Resources for moms with hep B during pregnancy, during delivery, and after delivery. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Hepatitis B Fact
CDC fact sheet on transmission, symptoms, diagnosis and prevention of hepatitis B. Attention: Non-MDH link
Viral Hepatitis B
CDC's main page on Hepatitis B. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Hepatitis A, B, and C Prevention Programs
Information and programs for adults and adolescents at risk from the Immunization Action Coalition. Attention: Non-MDH link
- If you have chronic hepatitis B virus infection...
Fact sheet on hepatitis B from the Immunization Action Coalition. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Hepatitis B as a Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD)
- A Comprehensive Immunization Strategy to Eliminate Transmission of Hepatitis B Virus Infection in the United States: Hepatitis B immunization recommendations from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. Attention: Non-MDH links
- Immunization Schedules
Find out when kids and adults should get immunizations.
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
CDC page about hepatitis B vaccination. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Hepatitis B Vaccine:
What You Need to Know
CDC's Vaccine Information Statement available in English and other languages from the Immunization Action Coalition. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Vaccine Safety
Learn about vaccines safety from sources you can trust.
- Travelers' Health: Hepatitis B
CDC's main page on hepatitis B and international travel. Attention: Non-MDH link