Perinatal Hepatitis B Information for Health Professionals
Information for health professionals on perinatal hepatitis B.
- Perinatal Hepatitis B Pregnancy Report
Clinics should report hepatitis B-positive pregnant women within one working day of the knowledge of the pregnancy. Updated 1/15
- Perinatal Hepatitis B Birth Report (PDF)
Hospitals should report infants born to hepatitis B-positive women within 24 hours of birth. Updated 1/15
- Hepatitis B
Perinatal Reporting and HIPAA
Hepatitis B Prevention Program
The Minnesota Department of Health's Perinatal Hepatitis B Prevention Program identifies and treats infants born to hepatitis B-positive women to prevent perinatally acquired infection.
- Hepatitis B
General information on hepatitis B, vaccination, and statistics.
Clinical Features and Testing
- Screening and Referral Algorithm for Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) Infection among Pregnant Women (PDF)
Flowchart from CDC of testing and referral recommendations for prenatal screening of hepatitis B.
- The Role of Pediatric Primary Care Providers in Preventing Perinatal Hepatitis B (PDF)
List of action steps for pediatric primary care providers to prevent perinatal hepatitis B.
- The Role of Prenatal Care Providers in Preventing Perinatal Hepatitis B (PDF)
List of action steps for prenatal care providers to prevent perinatal hepatitis B.
- Hepatitis B Vaccination Schedule and PVS Guidance for Infants Born to Hepatitis B Positive Women (PDF)
Clinical guidelines for pediatric hepatitis B vaccination, post-vaccination serology (PVS), and follow-up. Updated 7/2014
- Preterm Infant Hepatitis B Vaccination and Serology Schedule (PDF)
Clinical guidelines for vaccination and serology of preterm infants weighing less than 2000 grams. Updated 7/2014
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
Information Statement (VIS)
CDC's Vaccine Information Statement available in English and other languages from the Immunization Action Coalition. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Hepatitis B Basics
Basic fact sheets about hepatitis B vaccine, including materials that can be given to patients.
- Immunization Schedules
for Health Care Providers
Minnesota immunization schedules for children and adults. This site also includes guidelines for vaccinating pregnant women and links to additional immunization schedules.
- Perinatal Hepatitis B Materials -
Order Form (PDF)
Order print materials on perinatal hepatitis B for patients and providers.
- Perinatal Hepatitis B Prevention
Pocket Guide - Prenatal
Pocket guide to assist prenatal health care providers with recommended strategies to prevent perinatal transmission of hepatitis B.
- Perinatal Hepatitis B Prevention Pocket Guide - Pediatric
Pocket guide to assist pediatric health care providers with recommended strategies to prevent perinatal transmission of hepatitis B.
- Stop Hepatitis B Posters
Poster for hospitals and clinics.
- Admission Orders for Labor and Delivery
and Newborn Units to Prevent Hepatitis B Virus Transmission
An example of hospital standing orders for preventing perinatal hepatitis B virus (HBV) transmission in labor and delivery and nursery units. Attention: Non-MDH link
B Facts: Testing and Vaccination (PDF)
Information for health professionals on who should be vaccinated, how to interpret hepatitis B lab results, and managing chronic HBV infection. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Minnesota Refugee Health
Provider Guide: Hepatitis B
A resource to assist providers in screening for hepatitis B on the Minnesota Initial Refugee Health Assessment.
- Directories for Organizations Serving Refugees
Resource directories for individuals working with diverse groups in Minnesota.