Perinatal Hepatitis B Information for Local Public Health
Information for local public health on perinatal hepatitis B.
Perinatal Hepatitis B
In order to prevent perinatal transmission of hepatitis B, all HBsAg-positive pregnant women and all infants born to HBsAg-positive women should be reported to MDH.
- Hepatitis B
Perinatal Reporting and HIPAA
Hepatitis B Prevention Program
The Minnesota Department of Health's Perinatal Hepatitis B Prevention Program identifies and treats infants born to hepatitis B infected mothers to prevent perinatally acquired infection.
- Hepatitis B
General information on hepatitis B, vaccination, and statistics.
- The Role of Local Public Health in Preventing Perinatal Hepatitis B (PDF: 147KB/2 pages)
List of action steps for local public health to prevent perinatal hepatitis B.
- The Role of Prenatal Care Providers in Preventing Perinatal Hepatitis B (PDF: 133KB/2 pages)
List of action steps for prenatal care providers to prevent perinatal hepatitis B.
- The Role of Pediatric Primary Care Providers in Preventing Perinatal Hepatitis B (PDF: 127KB/2 pages)
List of action steps for pediatric primary care providers to prevent perinatal hepatitis B.
- Perinatal Hepatitis B Exposure Notification Letter (Word: 28KB/1 page)
Modifiable template letter for local public health to inform health care providers of infants in their care that have been exposed to hepatitis B during birth. To be used with the Hepatitis B Vaccination and Post-Vaccination Serology Results and Preterm Infant Hepatitis B Vaccination and Serology Schedule.
- Hepatitis B Vaccination and Post-Vaccination Serology Results (Word: 53KB/1 page)
Form for pediatric providers to complete and return to local public health to confirm hepatitis B immunity in exposed infants.
- Pediatric Hepatitis B Second Vaccination Series and Serology Letter (Word: 41KB/1 page)
Template letter for local public health to customize and send to health care providers.
- Premature Case Closure Letter (Word: 25KB/1 page)
Template letter for local public health to send to physicians when a mother is lost to follow-up and the infant has not completed the vaccine series and/or post-vaccination serology.
- Unable to Contact Letter (Word: 27KB/1 pages)
Template letter for local public health to send to mother's with HBV that they are unable to contact by phone.
- Transfer of Perinatal Hepatitis B Client to New County (Word: 73KB/1 page)
Sample of a form with the necessary information local public health would need when a hepatitis B client moves to a new county.
- Perinatal Hepatitis B Household Contact Follow-Up Report (PDF: 29KB/1 page)
Report form for household contacts of perinatal hepatitis B cases.
- Pediatric Hepatitis B Vaccination Schedule and PVS Guidance (PDF: 53KB/1 page)
Clinical guidelines for pediatric hepatitis B vaccination, post-vaccination serology (PVS), and follow-up.
- Preterm Infant Hepatitis B Vaccination and Serology Schedule (PDF: 43KB/1 page)
Clinical guidelines for vaccination and serology of preterm infants weighing less than 2000 grams.
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
Information Statement (VIS)
CDC's Vaccine Information Statement available in English and other languages from the Immunization Action Coalition. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Perinatal Hepatitis B Materials -
Order Form (PDF: 100KB/2 pages)
Order print materials on perinatal hepatitis B for patients and providers
- Perinatal Hepatitis B Prevention
A pocket guide to assist healthcare providers with recommended strategies to prevent perinatal transmission of hepatitis B including the vaccine schedule for infants born to HBsAg positive mothers.
- Stop Hepatitis B Posters
Poster for hospitals and clinics.
- Minnesota Refugee Health
Provider Guide: Hepatitis B
A resource to assist providers in screening for hepatitis B on the Minnesota Initial Refugee Health Assessment.
- Directories for Organizations Serving Refugees
Resource directories for individuals working with diverse groups in Minnesota.