HIV/AIDS Basics, Brochures, Posters, Tools and Videos
Basic information about human immodeficiency virus (HIV) and acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS).Brochures and Printed Materials
Other HIV Tools
HIV Brochures and Printed Materials
- STD Facts: HIV/AIDS
MDH overview of HIV/AIDS: signs and symptoms, transmission, complications, prevention and treatment. (Download PDF versions below, formatted for print)
Provides the basics about prevention, transmission, and testing for HIV.
- Facts on AIDS - A Law Enforcement Guide
This brochure is for law enforcement personnel and reviews the basics about HIV transmission and provides infection control procedures to avoid exposure to HIV. The brochure may be downloaded for duplication purposes.
- For Women - Facts on AIDS and HIV Infection
Specifically for women, this brochure reviews the basics about the prevention, transmission, testing, pregnancy and treatment for HIV. The brochure may be downloaded for duplication purposes.
- For Persons Who Have Been Sexually Assaulted - Information You Should Know About STDs
For those who may have been sexually assaulted, this brochure provides guidelines on being tested for HIV and other STDs. The brochure may be downloaded for duplication purposes.
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) Guidelines For Childcare Placement of Children Infected With Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) (PDF)
- Minnesota Department of Health Guidelines For School Placement of Children and Adolescents Infected with Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) (PDF)
Other HIV Tools
- HIV/STD/Hepatitis Risk Assessment
Minnesota Department of Health's integrated risk assessment tool for health and social service providers.
- The Global HIV/AIDS Epidemic: A Timeline of Key Milestones
Designed to serve as an ongoing reference tool for many of the political, scientific, cultural and community events that have occurred over the history of the epidemic.
- Programs to Prevent and Reduce the Risks of Sexually Transmitted Infections and Diseases: Minnesota Statute § 121A.23 for STD/HIV Education in Schools
Statute requiring HIV and STD education to be provided in the classroom within Minnesota’s school districts.
Links to Other Helpful HIV Pages
- HIV Testing Sites in Minnesota
Listing of HIV testing sites in Minnesota.
- Testing for HIV–1/HIV–2 in Minnesota: MDH Disease Control Newsletter (PDF)
MDH overview of HIV type 1 and HIV type 2 infections and testing recommendations.
- HIV/AIDS (CDC)
CDC overview of HIV and AIDS: signs and symptoms, transmission, complications, prevention and treatment.
- Oral Sex and HIV Risk
CDC site on the risk of acquiring HIV and other STDs through oral sex.
- CDC VIH/SIDA (CDC HIV/AIDS Spanish site)
HIV/AIDS information in Spanish available on CDC's website.
- Minnesota AIDS Project: AIDSLine
Toll-free hotline for confidential information about HIV prevention, testing locations and available services for persons affected or infected by HIV in Minnesota.
- HIV in the Workplace (CDC)
CDC's Business/Labor Responds to AIDS Programs provide information and toolkits for businesses and labor organizations to develop workplace policies on HIV/AIDS.