Find out about the new HIV infections diagnosed in Minnesota in 2013.
- There were 301 new HIV diagnoses reported in Minnesota in 2013, a decrease of 4% from 2012
- Great disparities in HIV diagnoses persist among populations of color and American Indians living in Minnesota
- Male-to-male sex remains the leading risk factor for acquiring HIV/AIDS in Minnesota
- New HIV diagnoses remain concentrated in the Twin Cities seven-county metro area (82% of new diagnoses in 2013)
- Foreign-born persons made up nearly 1 in 5 of new HIV infections in 2013, and progress from HIV to AIDS more quickly than U.S. born persons living with HIV in Minnesota
On this page:
- New HIV Infections in 2013 | Slides | Data Summary Tables
- People living with HIV/AIDS, 2013 | Slides | Data Summary Tables
- Data Release Webinar
- Previous Annual Summaries
Slide presentation: New HIV Infections 2013
- HIV Surveillance Report,
The Minnesota HIV Surveillance Report, 2013 describes the occurrence of reported HIV infections in Minnesota by person, place, and time through December 31, 2013. Such data provide information about where and among whom HIV transmission is likely occurring. This knowledge can in turn be used to help educate, target prevention efforts, plan for services, and develop policy.
Summary Tables: New HIV Infections 2013
- New HIV Infections Summary Tables
Case counts and rates of new HIV infection in Minnesota by place of residence, age, gender, race/ethnicity and mode of exposure.
- HIV/AIDS Prevalence
& Mortality Report, 2013
The Minnesota HIV/AIDS Prevalence & Mortality Report, 2013 contains estimates of HIV/AIDS prevalence (the number of persons living with HIV or AIDS) and mortality in Minnesota. These estimates can be used to help educate, plan for HIV/AIDS services and develop policy.
- HIV/AIDS Prevalence and Mortality SummaryTables
The following tables contain case counts of persons living with HIV or AIDS in Minnesota by place of residence, age, gender, race/ethnicity and mode of exposure.
Slide presentation: HIV/AIDS Prevalence & Mortality Report, 2013
- Recording of the HIV/Hepatitis 2013 Data Release webinar presentation (4/30/2014)
- Streaming (12MB)/47 minutes) (NOTE: FireFox or Google Chrome browser recommended. May not work in IE. If you require this in a different format, please contact us at 651-201-5414.)
- HIV/Hepatitis 2013 Data Release webinar Slides: 2013 HIV (PDF) or (PPT)
- Archive: 1989-2000
Content Notice: This site contains HIV or STD prevention messages that may not be appropriate for all audiences. Since HIV and other STDs are spread primarily through sexual practices or by sharing needles, prevention messages and programs may address these topics. If you are not seeking such information or may be offended by such materials, please exit this web site.