Getting Tested for HIV
- National HIV Testing Day is June 27
- HIV Testing
Sites in Minnesota
List of the HIV testing sites in Minnesota, developed by MDH.
- The Rural AIDS Action Network offers free HIV testing at a variety of sites throughout rural Minnesota.
- Testing Makes Us Stronger: What you need to know, HIV facts, HIV testing site search by zip code
- CDC's Revised Recommendations for HIV Testing of Adults, Adolescents, and Pregnant Women in Health-Care Settings
- CDC's HIV Screening, Standard Care for Primary Care Providers
AIDS Project: AIDSLine
Toll-free hotline for confidential information about the prevention, testing locations and available services for persons affected or infected by HIV in Minnesota.
- HIV Subtype
and Drug Resistance Testing: Information for Clients
The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), STD and HIV Section and Public Health Laboratory have incorporated HIV drug resistance and subtype surveillance into routine HIV surveillance.
American Sign Language (ASL) Video for HIV testing from New York Dept. of Health
Video in ASL about the benefits of being tested for HIV
- Testing for HIV–1/HIV–2
MDH overview of HIV type 1 and HIV type 2 infections and testing recommendations.
Content Notice: This site contains HIV or STD prevention messages that may not be appropriate for all audiences. Since HIV and other STDs are spread primarily through sexual practices or by sharing needles, prevention messages and programs may address these topics. If you are not seeking such information or may be offended by such materials, please exit this web site.