Expenses and Reimbursement Policy: Community Cooperative Council on HIV/AIDS Prevention
CCCHAP members are able to claim reimbursement for expenses they incur as a result of participation in meetings as outlined in this policy document. These expenses may only be claimed if the person seeking reimbursement is not receiving reimbursement from a source other than the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). It is the responsibility of the person claiming the expenses to submit all appropriate claims and documentation to the MDH.
Forms for Downloading:
Meeting Expense Invoice with instructions (PDF: 26KB/2 pages)
Meeting Expense Invoice - Form Only (PDF: 23KB/1 pages)
Childcare Reimbursement Form (PDF: 59KB/3 pages)
On this page:
Taxi or Bus
Expense Reimbursement Procedure
CCCHAP members (all voting members, Parliamentarian, alternates, and proxies) may claim reimbursements for allowable expenses incurred by attending CCCHAP-related meetings, committee meetings, trainings/orientations, and attendance at pre-approved conferences.
- Mileage will be reimbursed at the current federal reimbursement rate* (0.555 cents per mile) on the most direct route to/from the place of residence or employment. Mileage should be measured as accurately as possible (e.g., using an odometer).
* The federal mileage reimbursement rate is adjusted at the federal level at least once a year, and sometimes more often. As such an adjustment occurs, the CCCHAP-related reimbursement rate will be adjusted accordingly.
- Costs of taxi, bus, or light rail on the most direct route to/from place of residence or employment.
- Parking costs incurred to attend CCCHAP functions.
- If travel to or from a meeting takes more than one hour and occurs over a normal meal period and a meal has not been provided for the CCCHAP function, a meal will be reimbursed.
Breakfast reimbursements may be claimed if the individual is away from home or work overnight, or departs for a CCCHAP meeting before 6:00 a.m. Dinner reimbursement may be claimed if the individual is away from home or work overnight, or is traveling to or from a CCCHAP meeting until after 7:00 p.m. Lunch may be claimed if the individual is over 35 miles from work, and CCCHAP business extends over the normal meal period. Meals will be reimbursed at the following rates:
Breakfast - $7.00
Lunch - $9.00
- CCCHAP members who are required to travel more than 2 hours one way to attend a CCCHAP-related meeting may receive lodging reimbursement if: 1) they would be required to leave home before 6:00 a.m. to arrive on time for the meeting; or 2) would be required to be on the road after 7:00 p.m. in order to arrive home from a meeting.
The maximum amount allowable for lodging is $89.00 per night (excluding taxes). If you have difficulty locating a hotel room that is at or under this rate, please contact CCCHAP support staff for assistance.
- CCCHAP members are on occasion asked to travel to conferences or meetings on behalf of the CCCHAP or MDH. MDH is then responsible for making travel arrangements and will pay for transportation and conference registration fees directly. Members are allowed reimbursement for lodging, personal telephone calls up to $3.00 per night, and expenses listed above. Arrangements can be made to request an advance in order to pay for travel related expenses, or a person may request reimbursement after the travel is completed.
- CCCHAP members may be reimbursed for the cost of childcare if they must place a dependent in childcare specifically for the purposes of attending a CCCHAP function. Childcare will be reimbursed at the rate of $6.00 per hour per child, up to a maximum of $50.00 per day per child. Childcare will only be reimbursed for children under the age of 12. For school age children, childcare will only be reimbursed for hours the children are not in school. Please speak to MDH staff regarding special circumstances.
In addition to claiming expenses, CCCHAP members who are prevented from earning a salary during the time they attend CCCHAP meetings or functions that last for 4 or more hours are eligible to claim a per diem of $55 per day.
Only official CCCHAP members listed on the CCCHAP roster may claim such a per diem from the MDH; however, CCCHAP members who receive a full time salary through an MDH prevention contract will not be eligible to claim a per diem.
Expense reimbursement forms are available to eligible members on the CCCHAP website. Blank forms are also available at every CCCHAP meeting for completion by eligible members. Expense reimbursement forms must be completed by the eligible member and not by MDH staff. All persons that regularly request reimbursement and those who claim a per diem must complete an Annual Plan Agreement (mini contract) with MDH once a year.
When completing expense reimbursement forms (also known as expense reports or expense invoices), you must attach receipts for all costs incurred except for mileage, bus/light-rail fare, and meter parking. You MUST sign your expense reports before they are submitted to MDH. Expense reimbursement reports must be submitted to Jessica Barry within thirty days of the expense incurred. Reimbursement occurs approximately 30 days after MDH has received the completed forms and receipts.
State law prohibits MDH from paying per diems to people who do not have annual plan agreements. Because of this, alternates or proxies are not eligible to claim per diems unless they are filling in for someone who already has an annual plan agreement with MDH. In this case, the CCCHAP member will have to submit an invoice on behalf of the proxy or alternate, and then pay that person the per diem.
To request an advance, CCCHAP members should complete a “Community Member Expense Report” at least two weeks prior to travel, showing your itemized estimated expenses, and check the box “for short term advance.” You must still complete another expense report on your return, itemizing your actual expenses, and attaching your receipts. Any unspent funds must be returned to MDH.