Measles Information For Health Professionals
- Measles Clinical
Information on measles for health professionals, including epidemiology, communicability, and treatment of cases and contacts.
- Measles Vaccination and Disease History Assumptions by Age
A guide to help determine the age groups most likely under-immunized against measles.
of Diseases: Measles
The CDC offers photos of the disease and people affected by the disease. Warning: graphic medical images. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Lab Testing
for Measles at the MDH Public Health Laboratory
Information on the lab tests for measles, when they should be used, and how to submit specimens to MDH.
- Minimize Measles Transmission in Healthcare Settings
Quick reference for minimizing the risk of measles transmission in healthcare settings.
- Healthcare personnel measles immune status and exposures in healthcare settings
Information on evaluating healthcare workers' measles immune status and responding to exposures in healthcare settings.
- Measles: Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases (PDF: 801KB/20 pages)
Measles chapter in the CDC's Pink Book on vaccine-preventable diseases, 11th Edition (May 2009). Attention: Non-MDH link
- Reporting Measles
All cases of measles must be reported to the Minnesota Department of Health. Find out what needs to be reported, who needs to report diseases, which forms to use and where to find out more about the disease.
- Measles Vaccine Product Information and VIS
Attention: Non-MDH links
Generic nameManufacturerPrescribing informationVIS
Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) Merck M-M-R II Measles, Mumps, and Rubella Vaccines: What You Need to Know Measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (MMRV) Merck ProQuad
- MMR Vaccine Questions and Answers
Questions and Answers from the CDC about Vaccination Options for Preventing Measles, Mumps, Rubella, and Varicella. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Ask the Experts: MMR Vaccination
Experts from the CDC answer challenging questions about vaccines and their administration. Attention: Non-MDH link
- ACIP Recommendations: Vaccine Use and Strategies for Elimination of Measles, Rubella, and Congenital Rubella Syndrome and Control and Mumps
May 22, 1998 recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Attention: Non-MDH link
- MMWR Publications on MMR and MMRV Vaccines
Articles published in the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report regarding the measles-containing vaccines. Attention: Non-MDH link