MRSA Guidelines and Resources
Infection Prevention and Control Guidelines
- Infection Prevention and Control Guidelines
General infection prevention guidelines, recommendations, and laws related to infection prevention.
Staph and MRSA Guidelines and Recommendations
For healthcare facilities
- Community-Acquired Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (CA-MRSA) Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers
Case-definition of CA-MRSA, Spectrum, Diagnosis and treatment, Prevention (keeping CA-MRSA from turning into HA-MRSA), Prevention (keeping CA-MRSA from spreading in communities)
- Prevention of MRSA in Healthcare Settings
CDC fact sheets on MRSA. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Management of Multidrug-Resistant Organisms In Healthcare Settings, 2006
CDC/HICPAC guidelines to prevent and control MDROs such as MRSA and VRE in healthcare facilities. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Antimicrobial Resistance in Healthcare Settings
The CDC's Campaign to Prevent Antimicrobial Resistance aims to prevent antimicrobial resistance in healthcare settings. The campaign centers on four main strategies: prevent infection, diagnose and treat infection, use antimicrobials wisely, and prevent transmission. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Clinical Practice Guidelines by the Infectious Diseases Society of America for the Treatment of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Infections in Adults and Children
Evidence-based guidelines for the management of patients with MRSA infections prepared by the Infectious Diseases Society of America. The guidelines are intended for use by health care providers who care for adult and pediatric patients with MRSA infections.Attention: Non-MDH link
- Laboratory Detection of Oxacillin/Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
MRSA fact sheet for laboratories from the CDC. Attention: Non-MDH link
- National MRSA Education Initiative: Preventing MRSA Skin Infections
The goal of the CDC's National MRSA Education Initiative is to help Americans better recognize and prevent MRSA skin infections.
- Comparison of Community- and Health Care–Associated Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Infection
JAMA. 2003;290:2976-2984. Timothy S. Naimi, Kathleen H. LeDell, Kathryn Como-Sabetti,et al.
- Epidemiology and Clonality of Community-Acquired Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus in Minnesota, 1996-1998
Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2001;33:990-996. Timothy S. Naimi, Kathleen H. LeDell, David J. Boxrud, et al.
- Four Pediatric Deaths from Community-Acquired Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus -- Minnesota and North Dakota, 1997-1999
MMWR; August 20, 1999. Pediatric MRSA cases. Attention: Non-MDH link