Polio Information For Health Professionals
- Poliomyelitis: Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases (PDF: 722MB/14 pages)
Poliomyelitis chapter in the CDC's Pink Book on vaccine-preventable diseases, 11th Edition (May 2009). Attention: Non-MDH link
- Images of Diseases: Polio
The CDC offers photos of the disease and people affected by the disease. Attention: Non-MDH link. Warning: Graphic medical images.
All cases of polio must be reported to the Minnesota Department of Health.
- Polio Vaccine Product Information and VIS
Attention: Non-MDH links
Generic nameManufacturerPrescribing informationVIS
Inactivated polio vaccine (IPV) Sanofi Pasteur IPOL Polio Vaccine: What You Need to Know
Diphtheria, tetanus, acellular pertussis and inactivated polio vaccine (DTaP-IPV)
- Ask the Experts: Polio Vaccine
Experts from the CDC answer challenging questions about vaccines and their administration. Attention: Non-MDH link
- ACIP Recommendations: Poliomyelitis Prevention in the United States
May 19, 2000 recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Attention: Non-MDH link