Rubella Information For Health Professionals
- Rubella Clinical
Information on rubella for health professionals, including epidemiology, communicability, and treatment of cases and contacts.
- Lab Testing
for Rubella at the MDH Public Health Laboratory
Information on the lab tests for rubella, when they should be used, and how to submit specimens to MDH.
- Rubella: Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases (PDF: 630KB/16 pages)
Rubella chapter in the CDC's Pink Book on vaccine-preventable diseases, 11th Edition (May 2009). Attention: Non-MDH link
- Images of Diseases: Rubella
The CDC offers photos of the disease and people affected by the disease. Attention: Non-MDH link. Warning: Graphic medical images.
- Reporting Rubella
and Congenital Rubella Syndrome
All cases of rubella and congenital rubella syndrome must be reported to the Minnesota Department of Health. Find out what needs to be reported, who needs to report diseases, which forms to use and where to find out more about the disease.
- Rubella Vaccine Product Information and VIS
Attention: Non-MDH links
Generic nameManufacturerPrescribing informationVIS
Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) Merck M-M-R II Measles, Mumps, and Rubella Vaccines: What You Need to Know Measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (MMRV) Merck ProQuad
- MMR Vaccine Clinical Questions and Answers
Technical questions and answers from the CDC regarding MMR vaccine. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Ask the Experts: MMR Vaccination
Experts from the CDC answer challenging questions about vaccines and their administration. Attention: Non-MDH link
- ACIP Recommendations: Vaccine Use and Strategies for Elimination of Measles, Rubella, and Congenital Rubella Syndrome and Control and Mumps
May 22, 1998 recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Attention: Non-MDH link
- MMWR Publications on MMR and MMRV Vaccines
Articles published in the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report regarding the measles-containing vaccines. Attention: Non-MDH link