Shingles Information For Health Professionals
Clinical features and epidemiology
- Shingles for Health Care Professionals
Questions and answers from CDC about shingles vaccination.
- Varicella: Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases
Varicella chapter in the CDC's Pink Book on vaccine-preventable diseases, 11th Edition (May 2009). Includes information on herpes zoster, the recurrent varicella infection known as shingles.
- Photos of
The CDC offers photos of the disease and people affected by the disease. Warning: Graphic medical images.
Zoster (shingles) disease must be reported to the Minnesota Department of Health. Find out what needs to be reported, who needs to report diseases, which forms to use and where to find out more about the disease.
- Chickenpox and Shingles: School Reporting and Outbreak RecommendationsInformation for school health personnel about chickenpox and shingles about school reporting requirements and surveillance and outbreak recommendations.
- Shingles Vaccine Product Information and VISs
Generic nameManufacturerPrescribing informationVIS
Recombinant Zoster Vaccine (RZV) GSK Shingrix Recombinant Zoster (Shingles) Vaccine, RZV: What You Need to Know Zoster Vaccine Live (ZVL)* Merck Zostavax Live Zoster (Shingles) Vaccine, ZVL: What You Need to Know
- Shingrix Information for Health Care Professionals, CDC
Information from CDC on vaccination for health care professionals. Shingrix is recommended over Zostavax vaccine for the prevention of herpes zoster disease.
- Ask the Experts: Shingles Vaccine, IAC
Experts from the CDC answer challenging questions about vaccines and their administration.
ACIP Recommendations and MMWR reports
- ACIP Recommendations for Use of Herpes Zoster Vaccines
Jan. 26, 2018, recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).