Preventing Staphylococcus aureus Transmission
Clean your hands (keep your hands clean)
- Clean your hands frequently with soap and warm water or an alcohol-based hand rub.
Information about washing/cleaning your hands.
- Guideline for Hand Hygiene in Health-Care Settings
Hand hygiene and environmental control recommendations of the CDC's Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC), in collaboration with the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA), the Association of Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC), the Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA). Attention: Non-MDH link
- Hand Hygiene Guidelines Fact Sheet
CDC hand hygiene and environmental control fact sheet. Attention: Non-MDH link
Take care of infections
Keep your linens and clothes clean
- Launder soiled towels, bedding, and clothes.
- Use water and detergent and thoroughly dry.
Do not share personal care items
- Do not share razors, towels, or similar items with others.
Updated Wednesday, March 04, 2015 at 11:40AM