Tuberculosis (TB) Education and Training
Ongoing TB education/training is essential for TB prevention, control, and elimination.
Fact sheets for patients by topic
Fact sheets are available in the following languages: Amharic, Arabic, Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian, Chinese, English, French, Hmong, Karen, Khmer, Laotian, Nepali, Oromo, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Tibetan, and Vietnamese.
- Treatment for Latent TB Infection (LTBI)
- Treatment for Latent Tuberculosis (TB) Infection Isoniazid and Rifapentine (INH-RPT)
- Treatment for Latent Tuberculosis (TB) Infection: Rifampin
- Tuberculosis (TB) Blood Test (IGRA)
Fact sheets for patients by language
- TB Fact Sheets and Brochures by Language
Videos for patients
- TB and One Man's Story
This 30-minute video (DVD) is in the Somali language with an English transcript.
- Tuberculosis (TB) Awareness and Treatment ECHO-TV Program
An educational and outreach tool for persons at elevated risk for TB. It was produced in seven languages.
- Home Sputum Collection Video
Video produced by Public Health Madison and Dane County, Wisconsin that will show you how to provide a sputum specimen that was requested by your health care provider. Attention: Non-MDH link
For Health Care Providers
MDH TB e-update
TB ETN (TB Education and Training Network)
TB Education and Training Materials
TB Fact Sheets from CDC
TB Education and Training Resources Catalog (www.findtbresources.org)
Continuing Education Opportunities
Cross-Cultural Perspectives on TB
MDH TB e-update
MDH TB e-update is a monthly electronic update from MDH's TB Prevention and Control Program. It contains the latest information about TB related education and training resources as well as other information from MDH's TB Program. To subscribe, send an e-mail to Beth Kingdon with your name, e-mail address, title, and name of your organization. Comments or questions can be directed to Beth Kingdon at (651) 201-5529.
- TB ETN (TB Education and Training Network)
The purposes of TB ETN are to connect people who provide TB-related education and training, share resources, and build education and training skills. Attention: Non-MDH link
- TB Education and Training Materials
Order free TB-related resources from CDC's Division of Tuberculosis Elimination. Attention: Non-MDH link
- TB Fact Sheets from CDC
Download TB fact sheets from CDC. Attention: Non-MDH link
- TB Education and Training Resources Catalog (www.findtbresources.org)
National searchable database for provider and patient TB education and training resources. Attention: Non-MDH link
A University of Washington site that contains cultural profiles and translated TB patient educational materials. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Continuing Education Opportunities
A list of TB-related continuing education opportunities.
- Cross-Cultural Perspectives on TB
and Cultural Aspects of Tuberculosis Screening and Management for Refugees
From Ethnomed, a service of Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Refugee Health Program, Minnesota Department of Health
the Word Out: Effective Health Outreach to Cultural Communities (PDF)
From the Medtronic Foundation. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Linguistic and Cultural Aspects of Tuberculosis Screening and Management for Refugees and Immigrants