TB Contact Investigation
Tools and procedures for local public health departments who conduct tuberculosis contact investigations.
- TB Contact Investigation
Report Form (PDF: 121KB/2 pages)
MDH form for reporting results of TB contact investigations conducted by local health departments.
- TB Contact Investigation
Report Form Instructions (PDF: 56KB/6 pages)
Instructions for completing the MDH TB contact investigation report form.
- Summary Report of a TB Contact Investigation in a Health Care Setting (Word: 25KB/1 page)
Report form to be completed by a health care facility to provide a summary of any screening performed in their facility among staff and/or patients as a result of exposure to a pulmonary TB patient.
- Template Letter to Notify a Contact of Their Potential Exposure to TB (English) (Word: 28KB/1 page)
Letter to inform a contact of his or her possible exposure to TB and the recommendation to receive a TB evaluation.
- Template Letter to Notify a Physician of Their Patient's Potential Exposure to TB and the Need for an Evaluation (Word: 36KB/1 page)
Letter to inform a physician of their patient's potential exposure to TB and the need for a full TB evaluation.
- Template Letter to Notify a Physician of Their Patient's Potential Exposure, Positive TST (and/or TB Symptoms) and the Need for Further Evaluation (Word: 33KB/1 page)
Letter to inform a physician of their patient's exposure to TB, positive TST and/or TB symptoms and the need for further evaluation (chest x-ray).
- Template Letter to Notify a Health Care Facility of a Pulmonary TB Patient Who Has Been in Their Facility (Word: 24KB/1 page)
Letter to inform a health care facility of a pulmonary TB patient who was at their facility during the potential infectious period and the recommendation to evaluate staff and/or other patients who may have had significant exposure.
- Template Letter to Notify a Patient of Their Potential Exposure to TB Disease While at a Health Care Facility (Word: 39KB/1 page)
Letter to inform a patient of their potential exposure to TB while at a health care facility and the recommendation to receive a TB evaluation.
- Evaluation and Treatment of Immunocompetent Tuberculosis (TB) Contacts and TB Contacts ≥ 5 Years of Age (PDF: 21KB/1 page)
- Evaluation and Treatment of Immunocompromised Tuberculosis (TB) Contacts and TB Contacts < 5 Years of Age (PDF: 79KB/1 page)
for the Investigation of Contacts of Persons with Infectious Tuberculosis
National guidelines for performing investigations of persons with infectious TB. Attention: Non-MDH link
- TB Contact Investigations
Patient education fact sheet describing what a TB contact investigation is and why it is important. It is currently available in English and 15 other languages.
- Effective TB Interviewing for Contact Investigation: Self-Study Modules
A series of 4 modules, including an overview of the TB interview for contact investigations, basics of communication and patient education, cultural competency, and special interview circumstances. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Effective TB Interviewing for Contact Investigation: Facilitator-Led
Training Guide (2006)
An interactive, skill-building guide designed to improve the knowledge and proficiency of TB staff responsible for conducting the TB interview. Guide is intended for facilitators who will be conducting TB interviewing courses. Attention: Non-MDH link