TB Guidelines and Recommendations A to Z
- Adult Day Center Participant Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment (PDF)
Tool to assess Adult Day Center participants' risk for TB infection at the time of enrollment and annually thereafter to assist with DHS licensing compliance with MN Administrative Rule 4605.7000 to 4605.7090
Adult Day Center Participant Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment FAQs
Clinical Practice Guidelines: Treatment of Drug-Susceptible Tuberculosis, CID
Guidelines for treatment of TB disease. An official statement of the American Thoracic Society, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Published August 2016. Posted 09/2016
Tuberculosis in the United States: Recommendations from the American
Thoracic Society, CDC, and Infectious Diseases Society of America. (PDF)
Comprehensive discussion of practical approaches to controlling TB in the United States.
- Diagnosis of Tuberculosis in Children and Adults, CDC (PDF)
Official statement of the American Thoracic Society and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Published 2017
- Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention of Nontuberculous Mycobacterial Diseases, 2007, American Thoracic Society (PDF)
An official statement from the American Thoracic Society and the Infectious Diseases Society of America.
- Guidelines for Decisions Regarding TB Screening of Elementary and Secondary School Students - Minnesota Recommendations
for Environmental Infection Control in Health-Care Facilities, 2003, CDC (PDF)
MMWR, June 6, 2003, 52(RR10); 1-42.
for Preventing the Transmission of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis in Health-Care Facilities, 2005, CDC (PDF)
MMWR, December 30, 2005, 54(RR17);1-141.
- Hepatotoxicity of Antituberculosis Therapy, American Thoracic Society (2006)
An official statement from the American Thoracic Society.
- Isolating Potentially Infectious Tuberculosis (TB) Patients - Recommendations from the Minnesota Department of Health
MDH recommendations for isolating potentially infectious tuberculosis (TB) patients in home and congregate settings.
MDH Recommendations for the Use of the 12-week Isoniazid and Rifapentine Regimen for the Treatment of Latent Tuberculosis Infection (PDF)
MDH recommendations and special considerations for the use, administration, and patient monitoring for the 12-week LTBI treatment regimen.
- Multi-Drug Resistant (MDR) Tuberculosis
MDH screening and treatment recommendations for persons exposed to MDR TB and monitoring tool for patients receiving MDR LTBI treatment.
Prevention and Control of Tuberculosis in Correctional and Detention Facilities: Recommendations, CDC (PDF)
MMWR, July 7, 2006, 55(RR-9); 1-54.
- Targeted TB Testing and Treatment of Latent Tuberculosis Infection, CDC (PDF) National guidelines for health care providers.
and Air Travel Guidelines, WHO (PDF)
Recommendations from the World Health Organization regarding the risk of TB on international flights.
- Updated Guidelines
for Using Interferon Gamma Release Assays to Detect Mycobacterium
Tuberculosis Infection - United States, 2010, CDC (PDF)
CDC guidelines. MMWR, June 25, 2010, 59(RR-5); 1-25.
- Updated Guidelines for the Use of Nucleic Acid Amplification Tests in the Diagnosis of Tuberculosis, CDC (PDF)
Note: The guidelines start on page 7 of the document. MMWR January 16, 2009, 58(01); 7-10.