Tetanus Information For Health Professionals
- Tetanus Clinical Information
Information on tetanus for health professionals, including epidemiology, communicability, and treatment of cases and contacts.
- Summary Guide to Tetanus Prophylaxis
in Routine Wound Management
A guide to assessing wounds for possible tetanus prophylaxis.
- Tetanus: Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases (PDF: 503KB/10 pages)
Tetanus chapter in the CDC's Pink Book on vaccine-preventable diseases, 12th Edition (April 2011). Attention: Non-MDH link
- Images of Diseases: Tetanus
The CDC offers photos of the disease and people affected by the disease. Attention: Non-MDH link. Warning: Graphic medical images.
- Reporting Tetanus
All cases of tetanus must be reported to the Minnesota Department of Health. Find out what needs to be reported, who needs to report diseases, which forms to use and where to find out more about the disease.
- Tetanus Vaccine Product Information and VISs
Attention: Non-MDH links
Generic nameManufacturerPrescribing informationVISs
Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (DTaP) Sanofi Pasteur DAPTACEL Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP) Vaccine: What You Need to Know GlaxoSmithKline Infanrix Diphtheria, tetanus, acellular pertussis and inactivated polio vaccine (DTaP-IPV) GlaxoSmithKline Kinrix Sanofi Pasteur Pentacel Diphtheria, tetanus, acellular pertussis; inactivated polio; and hepatitis B
GlaxoSmithKline Pediarix Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (Tdap) GlaxoSmithKline Boostrix Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis Vaccine (Tdap): What You Need to Know Sanofi Pasteur Adacel
- DTaP/DTP/Td/Tdap Vaccine Information for Health Professionals
Information for health professionals on DTaP, DTP, Td, and Tdap vaccine.
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (Tdap) Vaccine
Information for health professionals on Tdap vaccine.
- Answers to Common Questions About Tdap Vaccine
Questions and answers regarding the use of Tdap vaccine.
- Check Your Vials: Is it Tdap, DTaP, or Td?
One-page professional-education sheet intended to reduce confusion about similar-looking vials of Tdap, DTaP, and Td vaccines. Developed by the Immunization Branch of the California Department of Health Services. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Ask the Experts: Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis Vaccine
Experts from the CDC answer challenging questions about vaccines and their administration. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
Attention: Non-MDH links