Varicella Information for Health Professionals
- Ensuring Immunity to Varicella in Healthcare Workers
Information for making sure healthcare workers are immune to varicella.
- Chickenpox (Varicella): For Health Care Professionals
Information about chickenpox from the CDC for health care professionals. Attention: Non-MDH link
- Varicella: Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases (PDF: 607KB/22 pages)
Varicella chapter in the CDC's Pink Book on vaccine-preventable diseases, 11th Edition (May 2009). Attention: Non-MDH link
- Chickenpox (Varicella): Photos
The CDC offers links to sites with photographs of people with varicella. Attention: Non-MDH link. Warning: Graphic medical images.
Varicella-zoster disease must be reported to MDH within one working day. Find out who should report varicella-zoster to the Minnesota Department of Health, which forms to use, and when to call.
Form for Chickenpox and Shingles Cases in Schools
School data will help MDH determine trends, duration, and transmission patterns, and any association between cases and immunization or disease history.
- Varicella Vaccine Product Information and VIS
Attention: Non-MDH links
Generic nameManufacturerPrescribing informationVIS
Measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (MMRV) Merck ProQuad Chickenpox Vaccine: What You Need to Know Varicella (Var) Merck Varivax
- Ask the Experts: Varicella Vaccine
Experts from the CDC answer challenging questions about vaccines and their administration. Attention: Non-MDH link
- ACIP Recommendations: Prevention of Varicella
June 22, 2007 recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Attention: Non-MDH link
- MMWR Publications on Varicella
Articles published in the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report on varicella. Attention: Non-MDH link
in Annual Incidence of Varicella
MMWR article from September 19, 2003 about the decline in varicella in various states between 1990 and 2001. Attention: Non-MDH link