Preventing Vibrio Infection
You can prevent Vibrio Infection by:
- keeping your food preparation areas clean
- cooking and storing your food at the appropriate
Minimizing Your Risk
- Keep raw seafood separate from produce and other foods when shopping
for and storing groceries.
- Wash hands, cutting boards, countertops, cutlery, and utensils after
handling raw seafood.
Food and kitchen tools and surfaces may become contaminated from raw seafood.
- Most infections caused by V. parahaemolyticus
in the United States can be prevented by thoroughly cooking
seafood, especially oysters.
and Cooking Temperatures
Learn more about storage and cooking temperatures
Do you suspect that you have a foodborne or waterborne illness? Visit reporting suspected foodborne/waterborne illnesses.