Health Care Professional Information about Animal Contact Illnesses
- Quick Guide to Important Animal-Pathogen Associations in Minnesota
Table from the article in the March/April 2005 Disease Control Newsletter: Enteric Disease Associated with Animal Contact, Minnesota, 1999-2004.
- Guidelines and Recommendations
Guidance, DCN articles, information, and recommendations.
- Preventing Illness Associated with Animal Contact
Basic illness prevention techniques can keep you and your family from becoming ill.
MDH is happy to consult with health care providers on case-patients with specific animal exposures; we can be reached at 651-201-5414 or 1-877-676-5414.
- Reporting an Infectious Disease
Healthcare providers are required to report to the Minnesota Department of Health all confirmed or suspected cases of the following:
For patients who are ill with an enteric illness:
- Restrictions on Food Workers and Child Care Attendance
Children and adults may be subject to certain restrictions from daycare/preschool or food service when they have an enteric illness.