Antibiotic Resistance and Stewardship
Resources for Educators
- Michigan Antibiotic Resistance Reduction Coalition: Antibiotic Resistance Educational Programs and Resources
- Do Bugs Need Drugs?: Educational Resources
- Oregon Health Authority: Antibiotic Resistance Resources for Educators
- University of Pennsylvania: Childcare and Antibiotics: When to Say No; Teacher's Room
- Oregon Alliance Working for Antibiotic Resistance Education; Resources for Educators
Late Elementary/Middle School
- Science Buddies: Superbugs and Antibiotics: Explore with a Dice Game
- BrainPOP Educators: Defeating Bacteria Lesson Plan: Antibiotic Resistance
- Science Buddies: Stopping Superbugs!
- Study.com: Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria Lesson Plan
- TEDEd: What causes antibiotic resistance?
- Next Generation Science Storylines: Why Don’t Antibiotics Work Like They Used To?
- Resources for Rethinking: Antibiotic Resistance
- PBS: Nova Teachers: Killer Microbe
- Center for Food Security and Public Health: Youth in Animal Agriculture
- University of Minnesota: Antimicrobial Resistance Learning Site
- WHO: Antimicrobial Stewardship: A competency-based approach course
- Stanford Antimicrobial Stewardship Online CME Courses
- MAD-ID Antimicrobial Stewardship Curriculum for Medical Students
- Request a Speaker on Antibiotic Resistance and Stewardship
Are you an educator, and do you have questions about antibiotic stewardship or antibiotic resistance? If so, we have the answers! The Minnesota One Health Antibiotic Stewardship Collaborative is comprised of professionals in human, animal, and environmental health who are willing to answer questions about antibiotic stewardship and resistance. We love the opportunity to engage with students and educators about these topics. At least 60 day notice of an invite to speak is needed. We fulfill speaker requests on a first come, first serve basis and might not be able to complete all requests.
Learn more about antibiotic stewardship
- About Antimicrobial Use and Resistance
Fact sheet and videos, plus more information about antibiotic resistance and its effect on humans, animals, and the environment.
- What You Can Do to Improve Antibiotic Use
Understand when antibiotics are needed, take your antibiotics in the right way, consider alternatives to antibiotic use when you are feeling sick, dispose leftover antibiotics appropriately, learn about appropriate antibiotic use in animals.
- Diseases and Infections Commonly Associated with Antimicrobial Resistance
Information about diseases and infections commonly associated with antibiotic resistance.