Antibiotic Resistance and Stewardship
Resources for Educators
- Michigan Antibiotic Resistance Reduction Coalition: Antibiotic Resistance Educational Programs and Resources
- Do Bugs Need Drugs?: Educational Resources
- Oregon Health Authority: Antibiotic Resistance Resources for Educators
- University of Pennsylvania: Childcare and Antibiotics: When to Say No; Teacher's Room
- Oregon Alliance Working for Antibiotic Resistance Education; Resources for Educators
Late Elementary/Middle School
- Science Buddies: Superbugs and Antibiotics: Explore with a Dice Game
- BrainPOP Educators: Defeating Bacteria Lesson Plan: Antibiotic Resistance
- Science Buddies: Stopping Superbugs!
- Study.com: Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria Lesson Plan
- TEDEd: What causes antibiotic resistance?
- Next Generation Science Storylines: Why Don’t Antibiotics Work Like They Used To?
- Resources for Rethinking: Antibiotic Resistance
- PBS: Nova Teachers: Killer Microbe
- University of Minnesota: Antimicrobial Resistance Learning Site
- WHO: Antimicrobial Stewardship: A competency-based approach course
Learn more about antibiotic stewardship
- About Antimicrobial Use and Resistance
Fact sheet and videos, plus more information about antibiotic resistance and its effect on humans, animals, and the environment.
- What You Can Do to Improve Antibiotic Use
Understand when antibiotics are needed, take your antibiotics in the right way, consider alternatives to antibiotic use when you are feeling sick, dispose leftover antibiotics appropriately, learn about appropriate antibiotic use in animals.
- Diseases and Infections Commonly Associated with Antimicrobial Resistance
Information about diseases and infections commonly associated with antibiotic resistance.