- About Antimicrobial Use and Resistance
Information about what antibiotic resistance is, diseases and infections commonly associated with antimicrobial resistance, and a fact sheet about antibiotic resistance in Minnesota.
- HAIs and Antibiotic Resistance in Minnesota: Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to frequently asked questions about how health care-associated infections and antibiotic resistance are connected, and surveillance programs Minnesota uses to measure HAIs and antibiotic resistance in the state.
- Minnesota One Health Antibiotic Stewardship Collaborative
A One Health approach recognizes that human, agricultural and companion animal, and environmental health are interconnected, and issues such as antibiotic stewardship require a collaborative effort across multiple disciplines.
Antibiotic Resistance Information for Health Professionals
- Antimicrobial Stewardship Programs (ASP)
About creating a ASP in your facility, including guidelines for acute care and a toolkit long term care.
- Antimicrobial Susceptibilities of Selected Pathogens (Antibiogram)
Also known as the antibiogram, includes a compilation of antimicrobial susceptibilities of selected pathogens that have been submitted to the MDH Public Health Laboratory.
- Minimum Criteria for Initiation of Antibiotics in Long-Term Care Residents
Pocket reference card that includes information about treating patients with suspected UTI, skin and soft tissue infection, suspected respiratory infection, or fever with unknown focus of infection.
The way we use antibiotics today
or in one patient
directly impacts how effective they will be tomorrow
or in another patient;
antibiotics are a shared resource.
Preserving effective antibiotic treatments requires all of us to do our part.