Injection Safety Workshops
Calling all infection preventionists, directors of nursing, and nurse educators! MDH is hosting a free, three-part Injection Safety Workshop webinar series on Oct. 30, Nov. 6 and 13, 2018. The Injection Safety webinar series will give participants the tools to review injection safety practices within their own facility and identify steps to create an injection safety program.
Participants must register for each session and complete the evaluations in order to be eligible for CEUs.
- Oct. 30, Nov. 6, and Nov. 13, 2018
11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
By the end of the training you will be able to:
- Describe outbreaks that have occurred as a result of unsafe injection practices.
- Identify available resources to promote injection safety.
- Describe the correct use of single-use and multi-dose vials and IV solution bags.
- Describe the importance of strict adherence to aseptic technique for preparing and administering medication using a syringe and needle.
- Define drug diversion, describe outbreaks that have occurred as the result of these practices and lessons learned.
- Identify first steps to creating an injection safety program for education and competency testing for facility staff.
Please contact the MDH HAI unit at Health.HAI@state.mn.us with any questions.
- Injection Safety Training and Workshop Resource Guide
- Injection Safety Workshop 1: Oct. 30, 2018 (PDF)
View the slides from the first webinar of the series
- Injection Safety Workshop 2: Nov. 6, 2018 (PDF)
View the slides from the second webinar of the series
- Injection Safety Workshop 3: Nov. 13, 2018 (PDF)
View the slides from the third webinar of the series
- CDC: Standard Precautions for All Patient Care