Injection Safety Workshop Webinar Series
Calling all infection preventionists, directors of nurses, and nurse educators! MDH is hosting a three-part Injection Safety Workshop webinar series on March 6, 13 & 27, 2018. The Injection Safety webinar series will give participants the tools to review injection safety practices within their own facility and identify steps to create an injection safety program.
Participants must register for and attend all three sessions in order to be eligible for CEUs.
- March 6, March 13, and March 27, 2018
11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (Note: there will be no webinar session on March 20.)
By the end of the training you will be able to:
- Describe outbreaks that have occurred as a result of unsafe injection practices.
- Describe the correct use of single-use and multi-dose vials and IV solution bags.
- Describe the importance of strict adherence to aseptic technique for preparing and administering medication using a syringe and needle.
- Define drug diversion, describe outbreaks that have occurred as the result of these practices and lessons learned.
- Identify first steps to creating an injection safety program for education and competency testing for facility staff.
There will be a pre-test and an evaluation following the series.