Injection Safety Workshop
The Injection Safety Workshop is an educational program on safe injection practices brought to you in partnership by The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the One & Only Campaign.
The October event is for long-term care facility staff.
- October 20, 2017
8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Shoreview Community Center
The goal of the Injection Safety Workshop is to give participants the tools to review injection safety practices within their own facility and to create an injection safety program.By the end of the training you will be able to:
- Describe outbreaks that have occurred as a result of unsafe injection practices.
- Describe the correct use of single-use and multi-dose vials and IV solution bags.
- Describe the importance of strict adherence to aseptic technique for preparing and administering medication using a syringe and needle.
- Define drug diversion, describe outbreaks that have occurred as the result of these practices and lessons learned.
- Identify first steps to creating an injection safety program for education and competency testing for staff in your facility..
There will a pre-survey and post-survey of knowledge and an evaluation.
- Registration closed.
- Please join us for an Injection Safety Training & Workshop (PDF)
The invitation for a educational program on safe injection practices for long-term care facility staff.