News and Alerts:
Infection Prevention and Control
- Minnesota Laboratory System: Disease Specific Information: Carbapenem Resistant Enterobacteriacea (CRE)
Minnesota Laboratory System (MLS) updates on CRE/KPC for Minnesota laboratories.
Infection Prevention "General Messages"
- Fungal Endophthalmitis Following Invasive Ocular Procedures 2011-12 (PDF: 60KB/1 page)
- Inadequate Endoscope Reprocessing (PDF: 37KB/2 pages)
1/12/2012 Message recommending that health care facilities conduct a thorough assessment of the reprocessing procedures and practices for all endoscopes and endoscopic accessories.
- MDH MRSA Recommendations for Prevention and Control of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in Acute Care Facilities revised and posted on MDH website (PDF: 9KB/1 page)
12/8/2011 Message regarding The MDH MRSA Task Force conducted the annual review for the "MDH Recommendations for Prevention and Control of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in Acute Care Facilities." The Recommendations were updated with minimal content changes and document restructuring for readability purposes.
- Detection Isolates with NDM-1 Resistance Mechanism in Minnesota (PDF: 49KB/2 pages)
11/17/2011 Message to inform the healthcare community about the identification of two highly resistant clinical isolates cultured from a single patient, that were determined to have the New Delhi Metallo-Beta-Lactamase-1 (NDM-1) resistance mechanism.