National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN)
The National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) is a secure, internet-based surveillance system managed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. NHSN is open to a variety of health care facilities in the United States.
MDH NHSN Data Quality Reviews
- A new program for quality checks of NHSN data is called NHSN Data Quality Reviews. Results will be sent confidentially to Minnesota acute care hospitals quarterly.
- NHSN Data Quality Reviews: Acute Care Facility Data (PDF)
More information about this program is available in this presentation to NHSN User Group on the July 21, 2016 call.
- For more information about this program, or to change the contact at a facility, contact the Health Care-Associated Infections and Antimicrobial Resistance Unit at 651-201-5414 or 1-877-676-5414.
Hospital NHSN User Group
- Hospital NHSN User Group
The Hospital NHSN User Group provides a venue for MN hospitals to discuss NHSN use and is facilitated by Minnesota Hospital Association (MHA), Stratis Health, MDH, and the Minnesota Chapter of the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC MN).
- National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN)
NHSN is a voluntary, secure, internet-based surveillance system developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) Getting Started Checklist (PDF)
MDH-developed tool for health care facilities that are enrolling in NHSN
MDH NHSN Data Use Agreement (DUA) with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
MDH entered a DUA with CDC. The DUA establishes a formal data access and data use relationship between CDC and the MDH. This Agreement covers individual-identifiable and institution-identifiable data, received by the CDC, that have been submitted to NHSN by health care institutions in Minnesota. The DUA stipulates that MDH may use the data for health care-associated infection (HAI) surveillance and prevention purposes and not legal and regulatory action.
- Data Use Agreement Between Minnesota Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Healthcare Safety Network (PDF)
Note: This is a scanned image of a document and is not ADA accessible. If you would like this document in a different format please request through our IDEPC Comment Form or call 651-201-5414.
- HIPAA and The Data Use Agreement between the Minnesota Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Healthcare Safety Network (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions about MDH and the CDC/NHSN Data Use Agreement (PDF)