Gowns help protect you from the contamination of clothing with potentially infectious material.
- Wear a gown when contamination of clothing with potentially infectious material is possible.
- Your gown should fully cover the torso, fit close to the body and cover the arms to the wrists.
- Choose a gown appropriate to the situation:
- Disposable vs re-useable (requires laundering).
- Fluid-resistant vs non fluid-resistant.
- Sterile vs clean.
- Gowns should be worn as part of Standard Precautions or Contact Precautions.