Shoe and Head Covers
Shoe and head covers provide a barrier against possible exposure within a contaminated environment.
- Wear shoe covers to provide a barrier against possible exposure to airborne organisms or contact with a contaminated environment.
- Use shoe covers for patients with hemorrhagic disease.
- Shoe covers should be worn as part of Full Barrier Precautions.
- Wear head covers to protect the hair and scalp from possible contamination when sprays or airborne exposure is anticipated.
- Head covers can be worn as part of Full Barrier Precautions.