Clinic RPP Template
- Clinic RPP Template Home
- Scope and Application
- Identifying Work Hazards
- Respirator Selection
- Medical Evaluations
- Fit Testing
- Proper Respirator Use
- Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Inspecting, Maintenance and Repairs
- Respirator Training
- Evaluating/Updating Program
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Documentation and Record-keeping
Clinic Respiratory Protection Program Template
After the initial fit test, fit tests must be completed at least annually, or more frequently if there is a change in status of the wearer or if the employer changes model or type of respiratory protection (see below).
As of 7/1/04 the OSHA Respiratory Protection Standard 29 CFR 1910.134 applies to health care workers. This template will be changed to reflect the most current OSHA regulations as new information becomes available. Attention: Non-MDH link
Fit testing procedures can be found in __________ (example: policy and procedure manual).
- Fit tests are conducted to determine that the respirator fits the user adequately and that a good seal can be obtained. Respirators that do not seal do not offer adequate protection.
- Fit testing is required for tight fitting respirators.
- Fit tests will be conducted:
- Prior to being allowed to wear any respirator.
- If the public health department changes respirator product.
- If employee changes weight by 10% or more.
- If employee has changes in facial structure or scarring.
- As the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards require.
Next: Proper Respirator Use
Download a print version of this template:
Clinic Respiratory Protection Program Template (PDF: 39KB/6 pages)
Download an editable version of this template:
Clinic Respiratory Protection Program Template (Word: 73KB/6 pages)
If you have questions or comments about this page, use our IDEPC Comment Form or call 651-201-5414 for the MDH Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Prevention and Control Division.