Information for Health Care Professionals about Mosquito-Transmitted Diseases
June 12, 2014: Minnesota Laboratory System (MLS) Update
- West Nile Virus and Other Arboviral Diseases -- United States, 2013
Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR): June 20, 2014 / 63(24); 521-526. Attention: Non-MDH link
- 2013 West Nile Virus in the United States: Guidelines for Surveillance, Prevention, and Control
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, June 2013. Attention: Non-MDH link
- West Nile Virus Transmission via Organ Transplantation and Blood Transfusion -- Louisiana, 2008
Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR): November 20, 2009 / 58(45); 1263-1267. Attention: Non-MDH link
- West Nile Virus Maps and Statistics
Statistics and maps for West Nile Virus in Minnesota and the United States.
- La Crosse Encephalitis Statistics
Statistics and maps for La Crosse encephalitis in Minnesota.
- Jamestown Canyon Virus Statistics
Statistics for Jamestown Canyon virus.
- Western Equine Encephalitis Statistics
Statistics for Western Equine encephalitis.
- Eastern Equine Encephalitis Statistics
Statistics for Eastern Equine encephalitis.
- MDH staff also are available to provide clinical consultation regarding
testing and diagnosis of all mosquito-transmitted diseases. Call 651-201-5414
for a clinical consultation.
- Infectious Disease Reporting
- Arboviral disease
Arboviral diseases (including but not limited to La Crosse encephalitis, eastern equine encephalitis, western equine encephalitis, St. Louis encephalitis, and West Nile virus) must be reported to MDH within one working day.
- Arboviral disease
- Annual Summary of Disease Activity, Disease Control Newsletter
The DCN provides a yearly summary of communicable diseases reported in MN.
- Changing Geographic Range of Vector-Borne Disease
This article describes the changing epidemiology of tick-borne diseases in Minnesota.
- Public Health Campletter: Summer 2012 (PDF: 166 KB/4 pages)
Topics in this issue include Diseases Carried by Ticks and Mosquitoes
More for Health Professionals
- West Nile Virus Information for Health Professionals
Clinical presentation, diagnostic tests, treatment, and required reporting information.
- Jamestown Canyon Virus Information for Health Professionals