Reporting Amebiasis - Minnesota Dept. of Health

Reporting Amebiasis (Entamoeba histolytica/dispar)

On this page:
What to report
How to report
Who is required to report
Other reporting
More about Amebiasis

What to report

Amebiasis (Entomoeba histolytica/dispar) must be reported to MDH within one working day.

How to report Amebiasis

  • Foodborne Disease Reporting Form
    The Foodborne Disease Reporting Form can be used to report this disease.

  • Phone
    Any reportable infectious disease may be reported by phone to 651-201-5414 or 877-676-5414.

Who is required to report

Other reporting: reporting suspected foodborne and waterborne illness

  • Foodborne and Waterborne Illness Hotline
    MDH's foodborne and waterborne illness hotline may be used by anyone to report a suspected case of foodborne or waterborne illness.

    Your call to the hotline helps us identify foodborne and waterborne illness outbreaks in Minnesota and will help prevent the spread of illness to others.

More about Amebiasis

  • Amebiasis
    Information from the CDC on Entamoeba histolytica infection or E. histolytica infection. Attention: Non-MDH link


Updated Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 03:29PM