What to report
Anthrax (Bacillus anthracis) must be reported to MDH immediately 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Anthrax (Bacillus anthracis) 2010 Case Definition, CDC
Case definition from CDC's National Notifiable Disease Surveillance System (NNDSS).
How to report Anthrax
- Call 651-201-5414 or 877-676-5414 immediately to report Anthrax.
24-7 Phone Reporting
This disease must be reported immediately by phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Submitting clinical materials
For Anthrax, submission of clinical materials (isolate, if available) to MDH is required by rule.
- Clinical Materials
Clinical materials must be submitted according to these guidelines.
Who is required to report
- Health care practitioners (health care facilities, medical laboratories, and in certain circumstances veterinarians and veterinary medical laboratories) are required to report disease to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) under Minnesota state law.
- Unless previously reported, every licensed health care provider who provides care to any patient who has, is suspected of having, or has died from a reportable disease is required to report.
- Any person in charge of any institution, school, child care facility, or camp is also required to report disease to MDH.
More about Anthrax
- Anthrax (Bacillus anthracis)
MDH comprehensive anthrax resource page.