Reporting Arboviral Disease
What to report
Arboviral diseases (including, but not limited to, La Crosse encephalitis, eastern equine encephalitis, western equine encephalitis, St. Louis encephalitis, West Nile virus disease, Powassan virus disease, and Jamestown Canyon virus disease) must be reported to MDH within one working day.
How to report Arboviral Disease
- Arboviral Disease Case Report Form
This form can be used to report chikungunya virus disease, Eastern equine encephalitis, Jamestown Canyon virus disease, La Crosse encephalitis, Powassan virus disease, St. Louis encephalitis, West Nile virus, Western equine encephalitis, yellow fever, Zika virus disease and other arboviral diseases.
Any reportable infectious disease may be reported by phone to 651-201-5414 or 877-676-5414.
Who is required to report
- Health care practitioners (health care facilities, medical laboratories, and in certain circumstances veterinarians and veterinary medical laboratories) are required to report disease to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) under Minnesota state law.
- Unless previously reported, every licensed health care provider who provides care to any patient who has, is suspected of having, or has died from a reportable disease is required to report.
- Any person in charge of any institution, school, child care facility, or camp is also required to report disease to MDH.
More about Arboviral Disease
- West Nile Virus (WNV)
MDH comprehensive West Nile virus resource page.
- La Crosse Encephalitis (LAC)
MDH comprehensive La Crosse encephalitis resource page.
- Jamestown Canyon Virus (JCV)
MDH comprehensive Jamestown Canyon virus resource page.
- Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE)
MDH comprehensive eastern equine encephalitis resource page.
- Western Equine Encephalitis (WEE)
MDH comprehensive western equine encephalitis resource page.
- Powassan Virus (POW)
MDH comprehensive Powassan virus resource page.