What to report
Babesiosis (Babesia spp.) must be reported to MDH within one working day.
- Babesiosis Information for Health Professionals
Information for health professionals including clinical presentation.
How to report Babesiosis
- Tickborne Disease Case Report Form
This form can be used to report anaplasmosis, babesiosis, ehrlichiosis, Lyme disease, and spotted fever rickettsiosis (including typhus).
Any reportable infectious disease may be reported by phone to 651-201-5414 or 877-676-5414.
Who is required to report
- Health care practitioners (health care facilities, medical laboratories, and in certain circumstances veterinarians and veterinary medical laboratories) are required to report disease to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) under Minnesota state law.
- Unless previously reported, every licensed health care provider who provides care to any patient who has, is suspected of having, or has died from a reportable disease is required to report.
- Any person in charge of any institution, school, child care facility, or camp is also required to report disease to MDH.
More about Babesiosis
- Babesiosis (Babesia microti)
MDH comprehensive Babesiosis resource page.